write access problems with oracle server and access frontend

From: <markus_fried_at_gmx.de>
Date: 2 Mar 2004 23:26:50 -0800

Hi,

we're using Access97 as frontend to a Oracle db. In Access we have a bound form which is using a Dynaset as source, global locking and form locking is off.

All worked well until yesterday. We dublicated some records for a new session in the Oracle db and since then some of these records cannot be edited from Access. An error occurs: "This record has been changed by another user since you started editing...". We are in a single-user environment, so there's no other user, and no second form has opened the same table. The Oracle table contains just a few string and number fields.

I tried to delete and re-insert the records in the Oracle, I compacted and repaired the Access frontend db - no success.

Does anybody know what's wrong here?

Regards
Markus. Received on Wed Mar 03 2004 - 01:26:50 CST