Re: Troubleshooting ORA-01555 while using AUM

From: Tech Geek <Tech_Geek_at_Gawab-IHateSpam.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:34:35 GMT

Hi Daniel,
Information inline....
"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:1078283224.499874_at_yasure...
> Tech Geek wrote:
>
> > We are not using LOBs.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Then ...
>
> 1. Is the error message being generated in SQL*Plus at the command
> prompt or in a procedure and being written to an error logging
> table?

Some of the batch jobsband occasionally exports fail with this error.

> 2. If the screen were there any additional ORA errors in the error
> stack or is it only an ORA-01555?

It is just ORA-01555. I also check the alert log to see, if the this error is being accompanied by any others. But did find only ORA-1555s

> 3. If being trapped by an error logging procedure ... does it capture
> only a single error or the entire error stack?
Batch jobs, exports just fail with ORA-1555.

One more thing, which I noticed in the alert log is :: ORA-01555 caused by SQL statement below (Query Duration=1076649481 sec, SCN: 0x0001.2975b272):

The value for 'Query Duration' is supposedly expressed in seconds in the above extract, I am wondering if the unit of measurement is a true and real value. If yes, this value of 1076649481 'seconds' translates to 34 years. Don't know the exact unit of measurement used here.

I appreciate your help and time.

Regards