Re: PEAR DB 1.6.0 has been released

From: Ed prochak <ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2004 12:01:39 -0800

Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in message news:<ubrnhyi08.fsf_at_standardandpoors.com>...
> On 27 Feb 2004, ed.prochak_at_magicinterface.com wrote:
> > Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com> wrote in message

> >> I'm on the fence on this one. What is different from what
> >> this guy posted and what Jonathan Lewis posts every month?

[]

> Well, thanks, and yes, the OP totally errored by multi-posting.
> I also think he chose groups that had no reason to see the
> announcement, like this Oracle group. Leaves a large doubt in my
> mind about the quality of his open source product as well.
>
> I do know that, personally, I'm not interested in the OP's
> product for the main reason that the poster was so oblivious to
> newsgroup charters. But, I disagree with the accusations of his
> financial motives that many posters were posting.

I think my point is, and has been, the announcement is off topic for at least the oracle.misc group, because it is a product announcement. Such announcements might fit in the db2 and sybase groups. I don't read those groups much. But seems to not belong here in oracle.misc

Whether he is or is not making money from it is, IMO, irrelevant.

Have a great day.
  Ed Received on Tue Mar 02 2004 - 14:01:39 CST