Re: [RMAN] backup to disk

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:27:05 GMT

> Can the backup now be deleted on disk?

Yes it can, but RMAN can't use it....

> Or will rman then get confused next time when it doesn't find it's files?

RMAN will expect the backup to be where it left it. So if you move the backup piece to tape and subsequently delete it from disk, you'll need to restore the backup piece before RMAN can use it. Or, you can employ a solution where RMAN will backup directly to tape and then expect it to be on the tape when it needs it.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com