Re: Auditing: Trigger or Audit_Trail?

From: Teresa Redmond <NJZLIRWUWYGI_at_spammotel.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:30:56 GMT

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 23:17:27 +0000, in comp.databases.oracle.server, Pete Finnigan <plsql_at_petefinnigan.com> scribbled:

>Hi,
>
>You might find useful my paper "An introduction to simple Oracle
>auditing" from http://www.petefinnigan.com/orasec.htm - it shows how to
>turn on audit, review what's turned on and includes some sample queries
>to check for abuse. With what you are doing i would go for kernel
>features and the basic audit commands rather than triggers. Its better
>resource wise. Also should you want to go to more detail you could
>consider fine grained audit as its performs better than triggers.

Thanks, Pete; I had bookmarked your pages a while back as one of my sources for examples. I'll go back and read again, with the other posts in mind; maybe I'll get it right this time! :-)

--
Teresa Redmond
Programmer/Analyst III