Re: searching for encrypted fields in data columns

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 06:46:17 -0500

<sffan_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
| [..snipped..]
|
| Anyway, I hope this gives you all a better understanding of my
| problem. If any of you have had to address this issue, I would like to
| hear about your approaches.
|
| Much Thanks,
| ~s

see my short paper at
http://www.doug-mi.org/June2000/Presentations062000/enquery06200.PDF for an overview of using Oracle's DBSM_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT (also see http://www.enquery.com/presentations.html for a paper that includes additional examples and issues regarding data encryption in oracle).

we have used similar techniques to retro-fit encryption to an existing application without (immediately) changing any SQL code (specific changes were made for tuning as needed)

contact me offline if you'd like more details

;-{ mcs Received on Tue Mar 02 2004 - 05:46:17 CST