Converting UTF8 to WE8MSWIN1252

From: Rafsi <rafsi2003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Mar 2004 01:13:45 -0800

Hi All

I understand the WE8MSWI1252 is not a subset of UTF8 and that to use "ALTER DATABASE CHARACTER SET ....", the new characterset has to be a superset of the current.

Thou i did run the database scanner utility (csscan.exe) specifying the target character set to be WE8MSWIN1252 and it detected the current to be UTF8. This utility reported only very few/minor dataconverstion issues, which can be easily ignored in my senario.

My question is can i still execute "ALTER DATABASE CHARACTER SET..." command???

Any help, any workaround is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

-B Received on Tue Mar 02 2004 - 03:13:45 CST