Logminer and Date columns

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1 Mar 2004 11:27:29 -0800

HP-UX 11i and 11.00, using Oracle 9.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.4 (tested it on both just in case).

The docs say:
"When the column argument is of type DATE, the string that is returned is formatted in canonical form (DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS.SS) regardless of the date format of the current session."

The REDO & UNDO SQL contains (for all date columns): TO_DATE('24-JAN-04', 'DD-MON-RR') And not (or whatever the time portion is): TO_DATE('24-JAN-04 01:02:03', 'DD-MON-YYYY HH25:MI:SS') Calling MINE_VALUE for the date columns in question (there are several), also returns the the above format - no time included.

All the date columns in the original (now deleted rows) did have times
(i.e. time was not set 00:00:00).

On the HP-UX 11i box, we have a strange issue with apparent mismatched o/s and Oracle NLS settings, causing DBMS_METADATA.GET_DDL to fail
(according to Oracle Support). I thought that this could cause the
date format problem too. So I mined the archive logs on a HP-UX 11.00 platform where GET_DLL just work fine - getting the exact same date results without the time portion.

Also tried the latest 9i patch release - same problem. Googling and Metalink search did not turn up anything that made the elevator go all the way up.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

--
Billy