Re: Track user resource usage

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 02:54:48 -0500

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:14:09 -0800, raj wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to track the resource usage (such as CPU) of the users. However,
> V$SESSION contains data only while the sessions are active. Is there another
> table which contains total user resource usage similar to V$SESSION?
>
> Any other method you can think of in addition to triggers?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Raj

There is v$sesstat and you can join it with v$statname. Here are few statistic values that might be helpful:

NAME                                                             STATISTIC#
CPU used when call started                                               11
CPU used by this session                                                 12
IPC CPU used by this session                                             37
global enqueue CPU used by this session                                  40
gc CPU used by this session                                             160

If you have any other values of interest for you, look them up in the V$STATNAME table.

--
Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.