Re: Troubleshooting ORA-01555 while using AUM

From: VC <boston103_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 04:12:14 GMT

  1. What's your max value of undoblk and 'maxquerylen' ?
  2. The usual approach with manually managed undo is to have equi-sized segments large enough not to wrap around during the longest running query.
  3. Perhaps the AUM is just not good enough for your environment since it uses segment of different sizes and the probability of the 1555 failure is directly proportional to the smallest segment size. You might be better off using the old-fashined rollback TS with equally sized segments.

Rgds.

VC