Re: number of cursors

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 09:53:20 -0800

Karl Hungus wrote:

>>Depends on whether more traffic means more sessions. The question
>>is really one of whether you are a good coder and close what you
>>open. Bad C leaks memory ... bad PL/SQL leaks cursors.

> Forgive me, could you briefly explain the nature of a session from a DB
> point of view?

A session is a connection to the database ... look at the 'magic' view v_$session. There is one row per session. With dedicated connections ... one user equals on session. With the web it may well be that many users connected through an app server equate with only one or a few connected sessions.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu