How to read SQL*NET Trace files and which parameter is suitable?

From: MATHEW KING <bzbzzb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2004 07:56:35 -0800

Hi,

I wanted to get some information about SQL*Net tracing. As far as my knowledge is concern there are several approaches available to enable tracing of SQL*NET.

For Example:

TRACE_LEVEL_SERVER=SUPPORT (For Server Tracing)

TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT=USER (For client tracing)

I like to say that for (For Server Tracing) we use TRACE_LEVEL_SERVER=SUPPORT
for enabling tracing, but it generates a lots of information, on the other side TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT=USER generates limited information.

What we can do if we want to trace a particular session over the network ,which perform backup operations on database server?

And how should we read the SQL*NET trace file, because its contents can't be readable?

THANKS Bilal Received on Sat Feb 28 2004 - 09:56:35 CST