Re: SPAM DB has been released

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:23:24 -0800

Ed Avis wrote:

> I think there is a line to be drawn between an announcement
>
> Database Blaster v2.5, the premier enterprise-ready middleware
> object-oriented database library has been released!
>
> and
>
> dbblaster-2.5 is out; this release fixes a bug when used with 'group
> by' and adds preliminary support for Informix.

I think thou doth protest to much ... and your protests self-serving.

If someone doesn't aleady have your product information about bug fixes is irrelevant. If they do have your product you have their email addresses and can contact them directly. So my conclusion is that trying to justify an announcement of a bug fix in a usenet group as a service is disingenuous.

Lets see if others here think your posts are responsive to requests for help and provide a service. If they don't I expect you will, in the future, confine your posts to c.d.o.marketplace. And if they are all sitting at their keyboards drooling in anticipation of information about your bug fixes I will shut up.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu