Re: How to migrate a 24X7 DB2 server to Oracle server ?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:56:42 -0800

cclemon wrote:

> Hi ~!!
>
> Do anyone know what software or method to migrate a 24X7 DB2 to Oracle server ?
> or I must close the DB2 server before I do the migration ?
>
> Thanks a lot !!
>
> cclemon

Are you asking how you can have the DB2 server up and running and seemlessly migrate active transactions to Oracle? If so ... it isn't going to happen.

Your best course of action is to pick a point-in-time where all new transactions are sent to the Oracle server and then when the last DB2 transaction terminates ... quickly migrate any recently changed transactions.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu