Re: Crystal reports with forms 6i

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:54:29 -0800

Comments interspersed.

David wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am going to use Crystal REports first time.
> I worked on oracle reports 6i before.
> Is that help me?

Very little.

> I like to ask which software I can use for that.
> There are two softwares available:
> 1. Crystal Reports Developer edition version 9i.

Crystal Reports doe snot have a 9i. Versions are 8.5, 9, and 10.

> 2. Seagate Crystal reports version 9i.

No such software.

> Are there lots of differences in the above two softwares?
> How should I use crystal reports with oracle forms 6i, in order to
> display the results?
>
> Thanks
>
> David.

Crystal Reports is now owned by Business Objects and the current version is 10.

I would suggest you go with version 8.5 to avoid the requirement of hosting a separate application server.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu