Re: Oracle 10G - Been There Seen That! <- posting just because of happiness and joy

From: tojo <Tojo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:16:09 +0100

In article <1e8276d6.0402270745.5029274a_at_posting.google.com>, pagesflames_at_usa.net says...
> After one of the most painful instalations of Oracle in my history, I
> was successful and now I'm running Oracle 10.1.0.2 on Linux x86. It
> took me almost a week to get it, to install it and five minutes to
> find out the first bug in the SQL engine.
> I was able to install this on Fedora Core 1 with no tweaking at all,
> so thumbs up both for Oracle and also for Linux community. Instalation
> process was futher simplified from Oracle 9i and also one disc release
> is great (even if some important stuff is on Companion CD).
> DBCA was rewritten with a brand new design, but is as buggy as always
> been, so no big change here. I wonder if some day, maybe when 14L will
> be released, I will be able to create a new database just using DBCA
> and with no errors.
>
> --
> Dusan Bolek
>
> Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
> Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email is going to
> be burnt as a SPAM.

I also installed 10g on Fedora Core without any problems whatsoever. BUT, I can only create a minimal database with DBCA with no options selected. Otherwise I get the infamous "end of file on communication". I've triple checked my kernel parameters, so I don't know whats going on there.

I also can't install Grid Control on Fedora - it bombs during the link phase.

What problems did you have?