Oracle 10G - Been There Seen That! <- posting just because of happiness and joy

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 27 Feb 2004 07:45:17 -0800

After one of the most painful instalations of Oracle in my history, I was successful and now I'm running Oracle 10.1.0.2 on Linux x86. It took me almost a week to get it, to install it and five minutes to find out the first bug in the SQL engine. I was able to install this on Fedora Core 1 with no tweaking at all, so thumbs up both for Oracle and also for Linux community. Instalation process was futher simplified from Oracle 9i and also one disc release is great (even if some important stuff is on Companion CD). DBCA was rewritten with a brand new design, but is as buggy as always been, so no big change here. I wonder if some day, maybe when 14L will be released, I will be able to create a new database just using DBCA and with no errors.

--
Dusan Bolek

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email is going to
be burnt as a SPAM.