Re: DBMS_STATS compared to the analyze command: weird!

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:28:10 -0500

"Rick Denoire" <100.17706_at_germanynet.de> a écrit dans le message de news:h20t30tq5qo48er6udf8gidj3sjr0l88h7_at_4ax.com...
> I won't begin trying that kind of obscure things without exactly
> understanding why it works like it works. It could turn out as a huge
> waste of time too.

Not sure I understand you -- or that you understand me :-)

What I'm saying is:
Restore your db from a time *before* your started using DBMS_STATS and when stats were fine, save those stats and import them into the production db.

This should be perfectly safe, giving immediate results. Then after you can start experimenting with DBMS_STATS again.

--
Syltrem

OpenVMS 7.3-1 + Oracle 8.1.7.4
http://pages.infinit.net/syltrem (OpenVMS related web site, en français)