ORA-01017 Invalid Password, Login Denied, Initial DBA Admin account

From: Less Than 0 <glassjawslipknot_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2004 15:27:24 -0800

We just set up a new Oracle 9i server on Linux. Edited the TNSNAMES.ORA file, changed the IP, left everything else the same. Now when i try to login throuh SQL*Plus I get ORA-01017: invalid username/password; login denied. My question is not why im receiving that because its pretty obvious. But i do need to know how to set up an initial DBA Admin account on the linux server so that i can login to it from SQL*Plus and create accounts from there. Or, i need to know what services need to be started in order for me to be able to login to the server. We had Oracle 8i running fine. But the most experience i ever got with that was logging onto the admin account and creating users from there. So im pretty sure if i can get a DBA admin account on the server and login to it from SQL plus that i can get the rest from there. I really would apreciate some help. Thank you all. Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 17:27:24 CST