Relative Oracle performance on 32-bit and 64-bit AIX 5.x

From: Rom Marshall <rommarshall_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:21:18 +0900

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone here has compared Oracle 9i performance on 32-bit and 64-bit AIX 5.x? I'm currently running everything on 32-bit and am wondering if there is any compelling reason to move to 64-bit? Besides a potentially larger memory access, I cannot see any good reason.

If you have pointers to any websites on the above, that would interest me tremendously as well.

Thanks and best regards.

Rom Marshall Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 09:21:18 CST