Re: DBMS_STATS compared to the analyze command: weird!

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:17:21 -0500

Also note that you can save your old stats, with DBMS_STATS. So if something bad happens, you can retrieve them (very quickly) and you're back to your old stats and response time.

I use this feature for one table where old stats make queries run faster, for some reason. I have a TAR open on this. Newly calculated stats on this particular table makes everything so much slower.

If you can manage to restore your (old backup) db somewhere, save the stats, import them to your prod db, and re-apply them. That may or may not be quicker to doing the analyze again... you're the only one who can tell.

HTH

--
Syltrem

OpenVMS 7.3-1 + Oracle 8.1.7.4