Re: rman recover/restore from backup

From: Bill \ <bthater2_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:31:59 -0500

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> Cheers Richard
>
> so we have the likes of Cary Millsap, Dan Fink, Melanie Caffrey, Bill Thater
> et al presenting at RMOUG

dang, how'd i get in that group?;-)

> Part of my job is to spy on DBAs:
> YClandestine DBA evaluations
> so pay close attention

i have to think that anyone who's telling me his job is to spy on me, and then offers to "mentor" me, just *might* not be excessively open minded. but having met the gentleman only once [and not at RMOUG] i will refrain from making that judgment. i will however state that i find some errors in his presentations. and some conclusions i disagree with.

Bill "Shrek" Thater     ORACLE DBA
"I'm going to work my ticket if I can..." -- Gilwell song
                 william.thater_at_carrier.utc.com
In the beginning I was made.  I didn't ask to be made.  No one consulted
me or considered my feelings in this matter.  But if it brought some
passing fancy to some lowly humans as they haphazardly pranced their way
through life's mournful jungle then so be it.- Marvin the Paranoid Android