Re: DBMS_STATS compared to the analyze command: weird!

From: Cookie Monster <cookie.monster_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:35:31 +0100

"Rick Denoire" <100.17706_at_germanynet.de> wrote in message news:vm7q30p25ct7enu9dhcg1c7739ek7nnhb7_at_4ax.com...
> This is all on Oracle 8.1.7/Solaris Enterprise, I forgot to add.
>
> Rick Denoire

Hi,

As a point of interest we had a consultant from Oracle in for a few days to tune our 8.1.7 database on solaris and he told us NOT to use the DBMS_STATS package to analyze the scheme. He pointed to a number of bugs and problems and suggested we continue to use the analyze table method for statistic gathering (seems problems are resolved in later releases). I do this using a stored procedure. Maybe you want to consider that??

Regards,
Cookie. Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 06:35:31 CST