Re: I/O wait question/scenario

From: srivenu <srivenu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2004 01:27:22 -0800

--In my mind,since this application is on a SAN that we
--should have almost no I/O wait and maybe more run queues than
anything
--period, no matter how many users are on the box.

SAN does not mean that your I/O is fast. I had tested & observed that datafiles placed on local disks clocked less average "db file sequential read" and "db file scattered read" times than the ones on EMC (SYMMETRIX 8830) storage. regards
Srivenu Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 03:27:22 CST