Re: Oracle On Compaq Server

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:34:23 -0800

AMIT wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interested to know about Compaq server.
> I wanted to run my Oracle database version 9i (windows 2000) on Compaq Server.
> We are running a small business around 25 clients.
> Could some one suggest me, what serial and model we use?
>
> Thanks
>
> Kumar

Completely insufficient information from which to render an opinion.

  1. How much data in how many tables?
  2. What transaction size?
  3. How many transactions per time period?
  4. Any batch processes? How large?
  5. What is the dollar cost per minute of downtime?

And why not Linux? Why get less than your full hardware value?

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu