Re: Oracle 10g standalone Apache server on Fedora

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:39:47 GMT

Graham Wert wrote:
> I just finished installing Oracle 10g and the companion CD on Fedora
> Core 1 and am having some problems getting the standalone Apache
> server up and running (so I can use the web based management
> utilities). The installation program failed to start the web server
> during the installation process and when I go to the standalone
> server's bin directory and type "./httpd" I get the following error
> message:
>
> ./httpd: error while loading shared libraries: libdms2.so: cannot open
>
> Does anyone have any idea what Fedora RPM libdms2.so belongs to?

Haven't run into that, as I haven't installed Oracle 10g AS yet. So, hust thinking aloud ...

on Oracle9iAS, the Apache/OC4J includes dms & dms0. And the dms is an Apache mod, needing a .so ...

I wonder whether dms2 is the latest of these? If so, did you run into any problems during link phase? Since Fedora is the latest RedHat, are you running into the glibc issue? You can read about the glibc issue and need to downgrade on downloaded RH9 in the white paper at http://www.dizwell.com

One place to look is the $ORACLE_HOME/Apache/Apache/httpd.conf and see whether it loads dms2. What does the detailed install log show.

HTH
/Hans Received on Thu Feb 26 2004 - 00:39:47 CST