Re: traversing all dependent data

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:47:21 -0500

"Markus" <markus.breitenbach_at_gmx.de> wrote in message news:9bc574d3.0402242342.76b94721_at_posting.google.com... > to me at all.

| I'm talking about > 10^7 records but in the end it does not matter.
| I'm trying to put it a bit simpler:
| - there is a table T
| - there is a table X with a n:1 relationship to T (one t relates to
| many x's)
| - there is a table Y with a n:1 relationship to T
| Now I'd like to join T with X and (with a different SELECT) T with Y.
| Is there a way to ensure that the elements of T appear in the same
| order in both result sets without ordering them?
|
| Markus.

without an explicit ORDER BY oracle (and sql) does not impose any consistent order on the result sets -- this also applies to the 'order of entry' as this is not inherently recorded or preserved

just reference the save T columns in each query's ORDER BY clause

;-{ mcs Received on Wed Feb 25 2004 - 05:47:21 CST