Graphic Visualization of oracle data on EXCEL

From: MATHEW KING <bzbzzb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2004 22:22:19 -0800

Hi ,

I am using an Excel to display the data from an Oracle database. I am using several excel sheets in order to display various data from an Oracle database.
For example: sheet one for displaying the oracle users information, sheet two for displaying oracle files information etc.

I am using for eg. the following query for displaying the data in one of an excel sheet:

select username, ''''||sid||','||serial#||'''' sid_serial,status,module, OSUSER "Workstations",MACHINE Hostname,PROGRAM,
to_char(logon_time,'DD/MM/YYYY HH24:MI:SS') "Logon Time" from v$session where username is not null and status ='ACTIVE' /

Following data of the above query is dsplayed on one of an EXCEL Sheet:

USERNAME SID_SERAIL STATUS DATABASE

TOM            656.989    ACTIVE        TEST
THOMAS         123.989      ACTIVE    TEST

Now I wanted that the above data, only the Uername,Status,Database columns would be displayed as a GRAPHIC-VISUALIZATION. I wanted that Database Name and the Username and below the USERNAME their Status will be shown on an EXCEL CHART. I tried to make a chart on EXCEL and I made it,but it did not get the complete information as I wanted.
For making the chart ON EXCEL SHEET, first I highlited the Colum "USERNAME" and at the sametime the column "status" with all the rows,but didn't get the desired result on an excel chart. Could someone please give me the suggestion/solution that how to disply the desired information on EXCEL CHART.?

I will appreciate if someone inform me about it.

Thanks

Regards

BILAL Received on Wed Feb 25 2004 - 00:22:19 CST