Re: Oracle support......

From: Pizza Goldberg <PizzaGoldberg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:47:56 -0500

"rich" <rheadrick_at_eline.com> wrote in message news:4c11bf9d.0402241242.2099854e_at_posting.google.com...
> Oracle support used to be simple: Call 1-800-223-1711, open a new tar
> and speak to a human. Now I goto metalink, open a tar, hope someone
> on the west coast get assigned to it, then hope I get a reply within
> 24 hours. Usually, I get an analyst from India, Australia, etc.....We
> never cross wire at the same time, and it usually takes 7days to close
> a TAR now.
>
> Anyone else fed up with it?

I miss the glory days of Oracle Support, I learned a lot from both Oracle education and Oracle support. Once a long time ago I hit an undocumented bug while doing something obscure w/forms over a DB link that "needed to work by the next day"...they support guy said:

"Oracle will not be able to fix this tonight, you have been looking at your screen too long (had been many many hours), take a break, walk away and you will figure out a work around. I had been trying for hours, did what he said and figured out another way to get to the same point...valuable lesson to a programmer...."

(the bug did not get fixed but my issue was resolved).

But really Ora-support was way better before. You actually spoke to an expert in that area, and if they escalated it you really got connected w/a brain who solved it, they were also really patient before.

I-tar seems like a way to get people to not contact then. Received on Tue Feb 24 2004 - 21:47:56 CST