Re: Oracle support......

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:30:17 -0800

rich wrote:

> Oracle support used to be simple: Call 1-800-223-1711, open a new tar
> and speak to a human. Now I goto metalink, open a tar, hope someone
> on the west coast get assigned to it, then hope I get a reply within
> 24 hours. Usually, I get an analyst from India, Australia, etc.....We
> never cross wire at the same time, and it usually takes 7days to close
> a TAR now.
>
> Anyone else fed up with it?

Almost. But definitely getting rather full.

The support in India may be cheap ... but it sure with worthless. I think Oracle is being penny-wise and pound-foolish.

If they want to save money on support how about making better information available on the web? How about making the testing department actually test on clean machines and fire them when they totally screw up.

And as a graphic example in case anyone at Oracle is paying attention. The installation of 9i RAC does not work. And I don't mean I personally had a problem with it. I mean that no one at Oracle Corp. actually tested it on a clean machine and signed-off that it worked. Anyone with an IQ over room temperature knows that the installation on the primary node does not create essential directories on the secondary nodes which must then be manually created. I wonder how many hundreds of thousands of dollars, or more, could have been saved at Oracle if they just fired the testing manager that approved the CD set for release and brought in someone competent.

And yes the above is an angry rant if there was any ambiguity around my intention.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu