Re: rman recover/restore from backup

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:26:20 -0000

"Ron" <support_at_dbainfopower.com> wrote in message news:rt6dncyYOeUe5qbdRVn-uw_at_comcast.com...

> > Then you're an even bigger idiot than I gave you credit for, because
>
> After your ugly speech is done here are the results:
>
> You provided bad technical advice

I think Ron, that you may have just achieved something that even Gerard Houllier has failed to achieve for me these last 2 years, you've made me go 'aaarggghhh - the man's a fool'. Now admittedly I don't say this of people often, the mote in your own eye and wotnot, but really. The advice that Howard provided was clear, accurate and - a bit of a clincher this one - worked as advertised for the original poster. In contrast yours was clear, but suffered rather from being inaccurate and pointless.

> Being provided with 100% clear technical evidence you answered with
> curses

What technical 'evidence' was that exactly - your misreading of a post 5 days after Howard's advice had been followed and found to work, or what? The truth is there is none is there.

> When you was helping to crucify Don Burleson on this forum you cared
> only for technical correctness, and ignore that many DBAs would take a
word
> from Burleson vs all your life story and all technical advice you can
> provide in a future 10 lifes.
>
> So much for Howard J. Rogers

Is this a debate about technical correctness or personality and "names"? If the former then fine - though it would appear from all the available evidence that you and that big voice in the sky are ploughing a lonely furrow. If the latter then sheesh lifes too short.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA