Re: rman recover/restore from backup

From: Bricklen <bricklen-rem_at_yahoo.comz>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:11:32 GMT

Howard J. Rogers wrote:
<snip>
> Then you're an even bigger idiot than I gave you credit for, because I
> gave you every opportunity to back up a bit, acknowledge a modicum of
> common ground and accept only the slimmest of face-saving politeness.
> And you couldn't even do that.
>
> Everyone in this newsgroup, Ron... and I mean *every*one, knows that
> what you are prattling on about is utter tosh. And I include Norman in
> that, and I am sure he will jump on me and this thread if I've
> mis-understood him.
>
> And here's the thing: if you can't even be half-decent in this thread,
> then it is abundantly clear that you have *nothing* to offer in any
> other threads. Even if you happen to strike it technically accurate,
> it is painfully apparent it will be by pure chance. That's not good
> for you, for your company, or for the unfortunate schmucks who happen
> to be in receipt of your advice.
>
> And yes, I know full well that you will plead "Mr Howard is being
> unkind to me". Try and understand, though: it's not just me. Every
> even vaguely regular on this newsgroup thinks of you with utter
> disdain.

Howard, do you remember when you were kid and had a loose tooth, and it hurt to move it around, but you just couldn't help but prod it? Well, that's what this thread is like for me. I just keep coming back to it to see if it stil hurts to read. It does. It's pretty gripping stuff. :)

I have never seen anyone believe so strongly in one's self, despite all evidence to the contrary. Isn't that how dictators make their mark?

Sorry for the OT post Received on Tue Feb 24 2004 - 09:11:32 CST