Re: Can someone with access to 8ir3 test this for me please?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:33:06 +1100

"Andy Hassall" <andy_at_andyh.co.uk> wrote in message news:jmjk30dnd4h8b7jakljtgup6g7t5bacl20_at_4ax.com...

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/appdev.920/a96612/d_sql2.htm#1004425

Old functionality. The example I provided (which BTW was not written by me but by a UK Oracle consultant) is for EXECUTE IMMEDIATE. The currently supported and recommended usage for Dynamic SQL. And (should) have nothing to do with V7 DBMS_SQL.

Like it says in that same manual:
<QUOTE>
Note:
Oracle8i introduces native dynamic SQL, an alternative to DBMS_SQL. Using native dynamic SQL, you can place dynamic SQL statements directly into PL/SQL blocks.

In most situations, native dynamic SQL can replace DBMS_SQL. Native dynamic SQL is easier to use and performs better than DBMS_SQL. </QUOTE>

Like I said: there is nothing written anywhere explaining bind variables cannot be used with DDL in EXECUTE IMMEDIATE.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto