Re: Oracle processes running wild

From: Stephan Bressler <sbresslerx_no_spam_at_arcor.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 11:31:00 +0100

  Is it save to kill these oracle processes?

Hi,
if those are dedicated server processes and you hit the right pids (no typos), yes, it is safe (IMHO). I've never seen or heard of any problems. I don't believe your processes will die voluntarily as a result of the kill session. There are many situations the unix process will keep running thus eating cpu cycles.
STephan Received on Tue Feb 24 2004 - 04:31:00 CST