Re: rman recover/restore from backup

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:35:47 -0800

> It's about whether *your* method
>was applicable to the original poster, and whether my not mentioning
>it was "reckless". The fact remains, unfortunately (for you) perhaps,
>that the original poster got his database back without using your
>'method',

Hello Howard,

Fact #1:

   Database in question is a REAL PRODUCTION database, just went uder unsceduled outage and was RECREATED (according to user's original and later messages).

Fact #2:

  Your advice required user to dispose new PRODUCTION database and recover old database.
  Your advice requires DOWNTIME.

Fact #3

  My advice was to to recover necessary data OUTSIDE of PRODUCTION database and bring in in using transportable tablepsaces.   My advice DOES NOT requires DOWNTIME.

  User would be 100% succesful usign TSPIRT (you recognized this as well) and he also would keep user experince at a much higher level.

  I beleive you assumed that user's database can be manipulated at will and this is why you advice him to do so.

  And on that basis, I also think this thread should end.

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com
  Standard disclaimer: