Oracle 8.1.7 on Solaris using open64/pread64 ?

From: kouchba <kouchba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2004 10:17:04 -0800

Hi Gurus and regards,

I have one Oracle 7.3.4 instance running on Solaris 2.7 (Sparc). When I truss a dedicaced process, I see it using functions like open and pread,..

I also have one 8.1.7 instance running on the same server but when I truss its dedicaced servers, I see they are using functions calls such as open64 pread64...which are 64 file system calls, I believe.

My question is, why ? can I change the second behaviour to have it working as 7.3.4 as I see huge performance differences between the 2 (7.3.4 much faster than 8.1.7).

Thanks in advance for those who can help, Regards Gurus,
Philippe (kouchba_at_yahoo.com) Received on Mon Feb 23 2004 - 12:17:04 CST