Re: rman recover/restore from backup

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:55:14 -0800

Hello Daniel,

  Please do not consider below as a marketing speech ;-).

  If you had a chance to use Performance Explorer-i / Statspack little bit, then you would know that it actually targets very specific area of the DBA users.

  It requires regularly scheduled collection of Statspack data and useful only when you need deeply investigate what performance problems production database has, when they started and what can be estimate for capacity requirements.

  I personally don't see oracle newsgroups as a place that would jump on this program and would start using it on a spot. As you may see, many users need basic help and only few use statspack as a regular data collection tool.

  If you think I am wrong, please let me know - I can run by my colleagues idea of creating free line of this tool.

Regards,

  Ron
  DBA Infopower
  http://www.dbainfopower.com