Re: What is the best way to copy 2G table data between two databases

From: Chuck <chuckh_nospam_at_softhome.net>
Date: 23 Feb 2004 17:12:09 GMT

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in news:1076962276.474672 @yasure:

> When I require instruction from you I will ask. Right now I am
> preparing to have a couple of my students move 80GB across a db-link.
> Want to guess how close they come to 3-4 hours? Want to guess whether
> it is faster than using transportable tablespaces?

I'd be interested (seriously) in seeing the results, having never had the opportunity to use TTS.

We moved a nearly 1TB datawarehouse between different platforms a couple of years ago. The consultant hired to help with that move chose to do parallel CTAS instead of using TTS on large tables, and exp/imp on small and medium sized tables.

--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email