global hash partitioned index

From: utkanbir <hopehope_123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2004 08:03:37 -0800

Hi All,

I have a table which has more than 800,000,000 rows inside .This table is range partitoned by date .

I want to access this table quickly when it is searched via its barcode filed , so i decided to create a global index on this column. As barcode contains character values , i think t will be better if i can create a global hash partitoned index on this column but i cant create the index. It seems oracle does not allow to create a global hash partitoned index , is it true?

I will be appreciated for your comments,suggestions in order to improve the query responses which search entires records without any date criteria (co no partiton prununing )

Kind Regards,
tolga Received on Mon Feb 23 2004 - 10:03:37 CST