Re: LOGOFF TRIGGER for getting IP ADDRESS ETC

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:08:37 -0800

DAVID wrote:

> Hi Every one,
>

> Now I am using the following logon trigger in order to get the
> required information:

<snipped>

> I also use the LOGOFF trigger in order to get rid of the session
> information when they logoff.
>
> But it is not useful if the session terminated abnormally,because the
> session information can't delete from the session_info table.
>
> Is there another approach in order to delete the session information
> from the table session_info, when they termniated abnormally?

Don't store them in a table as that is a waste of perfectly good I/O. Or if you do store them in a global temporary table.

My preference would be to create a package with nothing but session variables and a small procedure that sets the values of the variables. Use the logon trigger to call the procedure.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu