Re: dosbox with sqlplus

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 22 Feb 2004 21:29:19 -0800

"Hubert Mayr" <huma1_at_gmx.net> wrote:

> I open under windows xp a dos box and start then with the command sqlplus
> /nolog.
> Now my questions:
>
> with which command can I make my dos box bigger?
> how could I commands over more lines simple start again?
> could I all sql commands I made in the dos box save anywhere?

To add a few comments to what Dusan said...

It is not a DOS (Disk Operating System) box - i.e. it is not a 16bit DOS virtual machine (you need COMMAND.COM and 2 other files to boot a DOS box/VM in Windows).

You are running a NT/XP command shell. Something very different - it is a 32bit Windows console application. It is not DOS. The command language is also different from DOS.

One of the features of the NT/XP console is that you can use up and down arrow keys to recall previous commands (in DOS, you had to use a TSR for that).

This also works within command line applications like SQL*Plus and FTP. Though useful in FTP, it does not always work as nice with SQL*Plus where SQL commands are often across multiple lines.

--
Billy