Solaris 8 - Oracle 9i 64 bit : dbca Error wrong ELF class

From: joes <joes_at_bluewin.ch>
Date: 21 Feb 2004 07:56:11 -0800

Hello there

I just installed Oracle 9.2 64 bit version on a Solaris 8 64 bit machine.
While I am trying now with the dbca (Database Configurationn Assistant) to set up a new database instance, the dbca crashes with the follwoing error:

ld.so.1
/export/home/oracle/OraHome9i/bin/orapwd:
fatal:
/export/home/oracle/OraHome9i/lib32/libclntsh.so.9.0: wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS32 The crash is occuring during "creating and starting Oracle instance".

As far as I can see it must be a conflict with 32/64bit version. Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thank you, best regards
Mark Received on Sat Feb 21 2004 - 09:56:11 CST