Re: How to get the information like IP address,host name etc of connected clients via V$views

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2004 15:26:29 -0800

dt_146_at_yahoo.co.in (David) wrote in message news:<d5840ebd.0402200807.27b8589d_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi Every one,
>
> I want to get the information like (IP Address,Hostname,Active
> sessions , Database Server?.etc) of the connected clients
> via V$Views (ORACLE).
> And then I like to load these infromation into a table "Client_Table".
> Could some one give me suggestion that which V$ views/method I use in
> order to get the above information and then
> how to load these information into a table "Client_table"?
> Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.
>
> With Regards
>
> David Tan.

If you have support, get on metalink and look at their PDA tool. Very intersting, especially the unix version which is all shell scripts that make pretty html output.

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=139597.1

Also check out the top tech docs link, which can be drilled down to some very informative scripts.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Happy 38, Cindy Crawford!