Re: Linux vs. Windows performance.

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:25:44 -0600

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:27:04 +0100, Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote:

<snip>
>> I wish I could simply move all these Win2k
>> instances to unix but the vendor will not support the application on any
>> platform but win2k. :-(
>
>Dump vendor - os has nothing to do with application that uses the db.

Agreed. Apps shouldn't know anything about the os at the other end of that pipe we call SQL*Net.

However, as we all know all too well, when the business customer has already committed $$ to an app that he insists is absolutely vital to his operation, it's nigh unto impossible to convince him that he spent his money on a piece of s***.

Which is an entirely different problem from convincing a clueless app vendor that, no, their app does NOT care which OS the DB is on. Received on Fri Feb 20 2004 - 14:25:44 CST