Re: Optimizer Mode

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:10:48 +0000 (UTC)

Since v$sqlarea is an aggregate of v$sql, there has to be a mechanism for reporting something when different child cursors (i.e. the v$sql entries) are running under different optimizer modes. That's what you are seeing here.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

  The educated person is not the person
  who can answer the questions, but the
  person who can question the answers -- T. Schick Jr

Next public appearances:
 March 2004 Hotsos Symposium - The Burden of Proof
 March 2004 Charlotte NC OUG - CBO Tutorial
 April 2004 Iceland

One-day tutorials:
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/tutorial.html

Three-day seminar: