Re: ManagementServer service won't start on XP Pro

From: JoeBananas <someguy_at_aplace.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:40:13 -0800

Thanks for the quick reply.

The tnsnames service is running. I'll have to do some more reading before I can asnwer your question about the SID_LIST. I didn't do anything regarding setting up or configuring tnsnames. So anything that's there is the default that was setup by the installer. This is a new install of XP. The name and ip have not changed since I started. I am able to resolve the computer name if I ping the computer name from the machine itself.

I'll have to try your suggestions tonight when I get home.

Thanks.