Re: ManagementServer service won't start on XP Pro

From: JoeBananas <someguy_at_aplace.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 07:29:08 -0800

Thanks for the quick reply.

In the Oracle Universal Installer it shows that JRE 1.1.8.16.0 is installed but there is no environment variable for CLASSPATH. There is a PATH varaible and it contains two JRE directories 1.1.8 and 1.3.1 both of which exist and appear to contain the appropriate files and directories and both of which are under an Oracle directory.

This is a fresh install of XP. I had so many problems in the past few weeks trying to get this up and running that I ripped out the old hard drive, put in a new drive and started building the machine from scratch. It has a near minimal set of applications installed and I didn't manually install any version of JRE.

I have noticed that java applets that are on web pages don't run in the browser but all the Oracle apps apear to run fine. I fear I may need to wipe this drive and start from scratch again.

Thanks