Re: tools for PL/SQL development

From: Karsten Schmidt <groups_at_karsten-schmidt.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2004 07:03:31 -0800

Hi,
 IMO, using tools like Toad etc is far too dangerous in the hands of developers,
 this is really just point and click, and oops, accidently dropped a trigger i didn't mean to, or changed a stored procedure in-line, without checking the modification into revision control.

 these kinds of mishaps more than outweigh the gain from not having to type
 if- then- else or procedure declarations.

 productivity does not nessecarily come from using fancy "easy" tools.

Karsten