Archiving stopped for 2nd destination, how to start it?

From: Vik <remgruha24_at_poczta.onet.pl.invalid>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:48:13 +0100

Hi all DBA
I have Oracle 8i running with archivelog mode, logs are archived to two destinations (both are directories). Due to some administrative operations on the OS, the secons destination was temporarly unavailable, so Oracle reported an error:
ARCx: Error 19504 creating archivelog file ... and stopped archiving logs to it. The archive process for the first location works fine. The second location is now available with all permissions to writing for Oracle.

I can't restart the DB, so what can i do to start the second destination archiving?

One more question, how can i clear archivelog history for files I no more need?

Thanks for your help
Regards
Victor Received on Fri Feb 20 2004 - 05:48:13 CST