Re: 10g docco, esp. license docco

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 20 Feb 2004 00:32:30 -0800

Just one comment to free RAC with SE in 10G. I've just finished reading updated databaselicensing.pdf from Oracle site and there is a condition:

"Also, Customers must use Oracle Cluster Ready Services as the clusterware; third party clusterware is not supported, AND Customers must use Automatic Storage Management to manage all data."

I really hate to be limited in architecture planning by licensing rules like this. To me it seems unfair to push customer to technology that he doesn't want to use by licensing rules. :-(

--
Dusan Bolek

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, so your mail will not be burnt.